Lessons grows us - here is a great one - ENJOY!
Why was Christmas necessary?
Because we needed a Savior!
What is the real Christmas story?
The story of God's becoming a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ.
Why did God do such a thing?
Because He loves you and me. He loves us!
Why does God love us so much?
Because He is love.
What is the true meaning of Christmas?
The true meaning of Christmas is the celebration of this incredible act of love.
Why do we celebrate Christmas?
- We celebrate the Savior, because we needed deliverance.
- We celebrate the Christ in whom all of God’s promises are “Yes” and “Amen”.
- We celebrate the Lord who took on “the very nature of a servant” for our sakes.
- We celebrate Christmas with gift-giving because of the “indescribable gift” that God gave to us.
- We celebrate Christmas by stringing lights because the Light of the world has come to us.
- We celebrate Christmas with singing because they are expressions of Joy following the examples of Angels who praised the birth of the Coming Savior.
- We celebrate Christmas by decorating evergreen trees with stars and angels and tinsel because of the eternal life Jesus brings.
- We celebrate Christmas out of gratitude for what God did for us, we remember His birth by giving each other gifts, and worshipping Him.
God is the reason for the season! The true meaning of Christmas is love. God loved His own and provided a way—the only Way—for us to spend eternity with Him. He gave His Only Son to take our punishment for our sins. He paid the price in full, and we are free from condemnation when we accept that gift of love.